For free healthy home insulation assessments in Christchurch, call our experienced team now to make use of their expert advice on choosing the safest, most economical insulation for your home.
Why its important to Insulate your home
The combination of patchy insulation and inefficient lights mean high energy use, high running costs, and safety risks too.
LED360 use trusted, quality brands to give our customers the best long term solution.
simple thermal analysis reveals that if you have as little as a 5% gap in your ceiling insulation you’ll have more than a 54% drop in R-value. R-value simply means resistance to heat flow.
Certain LED downlights are safe to insulate over. This means your ceiling insulation can be gap-free, and do a better job.
LED downlights last for up to 25 years, and are available in a range of cut-out sizes, light colours, brightness and beam angles.
LED360 is a market leader in energy efficient solutions throughout New Zealand. Become energy efficient and reduce your energy costs by upgrading to high quality LED’s and Insulation. Book your free assessment today.
Good quality insulation helps keep the heat in during winter and out during summer. This makes your
house easier and cheaper to heat properly, and more comfortable and healthy to live in. The priority for insulating your home should be ceiling and underfloor, followed by walls.
One of the golden rules for fitting insulation is to eliminate gaps and yet many New Zealand homes are fitted with downlights using incandescent bulbs must be up to 200mm clear of any insulation.
Look up at your ceiling and imagine a 400mm wide hole around each incandescent downlight. Each of those gaps in your insulation allows heat to escape into the ceiling space.
When you’re planning to add ceiling insulation it is the perfect time to upgrade to energy efficient IC-rated LED light fittings. Insulation can be installed and completely cover LED fittings with an “IC” rating for maximum effectiveness. LED360 can give you a free quote for both insulation and LED downlights and coordinate the whole process.
Insulating your home is the single most effective thing you can do to keep your home warm and to save energy and money. A well-insulated home provides year-round comfort, it is cooler in summer and warmer in winter. And a warmer home is a drier, healthier home.
Recent studies in New Zealand have found a definite link between insulation and health. The Wellington School of Medicine and Health Sciences study showed:
- A significant drop in energy use when the houses were insulated.
- Once the houses were insulated, they were drier and warmer.
- People in insulated houses reported their houses were “significantly warmer”.
- There was a significant improvement in the self- reported health of those living in the insulated houses compared to those whose houses were not insulated.
- Adults and children in insulated houses reported visiting their GP less.
- Adults and children in insulated houses reported that they were admitted to hospital less often for respiratory conditions.
- Adults and children in insulated homes were significantly less likely to report sick days.
- People living in insulated houses reported less visible mould inside their homes.
Benefits of Insulation
Interest Free Finance
You don’t need to wait, we can help you arrange finance through Gem Visa or Q Mastercard.Contact us to find out more >